Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Lesson Plan and My Adventures with UEN

As I was exploring the UEN website, I found it very useful. Not only could I find all the core curriculum standards, but I was impressed by all the lesson plans that one could find on the website. This will be useful as I look for ideas for future lesson plans. I also enjoy how some of the lesson plans include ideas that one can use to involve the students' families and extension ideas for different lesson plans. Even though I was a little overwhelmed with all the information on UEN, I am becoming more familiar as I take time to explore. In order for this website to become useful, teachers really need to take time to get familiar with, learn where to find things and know what sort of lesson plan ideas are on the website.

I also enjoyed creating my own UEN website. This is a valuable way to keep teachers organized and keep parents informed about what is going on in the classroom. The myuen.org is also easy for teachers to create and add information. However, I wish that you could personalize it more with different information that teachers may want to include such as class projects and such. Although, a teacher may find that a blog for the class is also a great way to be a little more personalized.

For my lesson plan, I have chosen to do it for the second grade under second grade core content, standard 3, objective 1b. The title is "Plant Scientists." Here are the links where I borrowed ideas: http://www.uen.org/Lessonplan/preview.cgi?LPid=14398 and http://www.urbanext.uiuc.edu/gpe/case2/c2a.html.

No comments: