Monday, September 22, 2008

YETC Exploration

The YETC is so full of resources that it may seem a bit overwhelming. However, I am excited to explore it further as I plan lessons and take advantage of the resources that the YETC offers. I am looking forward to showing my husband even tonight some of the neat programs available online such as Phun, Celestia, and cooliris.

In my future classroom, I hope to give my students time to also explore some of these programs. The internet is full of amazing programs to download; although, there is so many inappropriate things on the internet or violent programs that can be played on the computer, too. I hope to show my students the programs that we explored in the YETC lab. I think it is important that we show students these great programs and where to find the programs in order to show students all the positive and fun things they can explore on the computer and internet. Some programs that Nathan showed us are so interactive that I think that students will be engaged and will learn from them. As he told us earlier today, if we feel we are lacking in one area such as music, technology can help us where we lack and the lab is also available to help.

I am glad that we took time to come and learn about what the YETC lab has to offer students and teachers. With all these resources, I hope to create engaging lessons and use technology in my classroom. Thanks to Nathan at the YETC lab for showing us a bunch of resources and programs that he has worked hard to make available to us!

No comments: