Monday, October 6, 2008

Webquest Adventure

Webquest is such a wonderful way to do projects where the students may not actually be able to go out of the class, yet they can work and research using computers. I still think it is important that children are not constantly glued to a computer screen, however, every once in a while it would be exciting to do things on the computer. Plus, a teacher may find it is more effective to use webquest than any other way.

In classes that I have observed, I have noticed that many of them do not use technology or use it minimally. If teachers would take advantage of webquest, I think it would add a great variety to the teaching. Many times today teachers do a lot of skill and drill. Students would learn so much deeper and more effectively if they can do these interactive projects. I think students will be more engaged and productive if they have the opportunity to do projects and activities on webquest or any other way that lets them explore with a group or on their own rather than sitting and listening to a lecture. Plus, computer are so prominent in society, it is important to teach students at young ages on how to use a computer and internet to research and learn. Webquest helps teach students this along with other academic subject material in a exciting way.

Hopefully, within my future classroom, we will be able to do projects on webquest. I hope to be able to subscribe to webquest and create projects that I may find helpful for the individual needs of my students. I am glad we were able to learn and explore webquest.

No comments: